Website M.D. Stainless Services, Inc.
MD Stainless is a premier commercial mechanical contractor specializing in the design and installation of high purity processing systems, general contracting, and custom fabrication. We’re a team-oriented company committed to problem solving, consistently meet our customers’ objectives and timetables within the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Food and Beverage Industries.
About the Role:
MD Stainless is looking for a Field Superintendent to join our team in based in Downey, CA while leading projects across Southern California and across California from time to time. This position plays a key role in coordinating all site construction activities and supervising all field personnel to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. The Field Superintendent will be required to maintain supervision of all trade and field personnel while administering excellent construction safety practices with all on-site activities. The Field Superintendent will provide accurate, timely and complete information, pertaining to their projects and notify the team when and if issues arise. This role requires sound commercial construction experience, strong relationship building skills, excellent planning capabilities, project management skills.
Salary: Base Range: $75,000 – $90,000 annually, plus incentive program based on performance.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package – Base Salary, Group Incentive
- Flexible hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Group Insurance coverage
- Paid Vacation, holiday pay and sick days
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Company Vehicle and fuel card.
What you’ll do:
- Develop project work plans and set project timelines with the Project Manager
- Review all job specifications with PM to deliver all job requirements.
- Develop daily/weekly work plans for the field crew.
- Prepare Initial layout and material orders for the field personnel.
- Check on progress and deliver progress/issues to the Project Manager
- Prepare all documentation needed for the job and deliver it in a professional manner to documentation department to finalize Turn over packages.
- At least a high school diploma or equivalent
- Orbital Welding Certification, (Preferred)
- ASME BPE Certification, (Preferred)
- Structural Welding Certification, (Preferred)
- Pipe Welding Certification, (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Piping and Welding Industries
- Knowledge of schedules and documentation
- Experience creating and reading basic isometric sketches
- Experience reading P&ID
- Knowledge of developing, implementing, and evaluating project schedules and layouts.
- Knowledge of process piping systems and/or other related processes.
- Knowledge of setting up and running an orbital welding machine.
- Knowledge of welding and process piping process, (Preferred)
- Lead field crews, assign and monitor crew tasks, each crew has a lead and installer.
- Review project Scope, drawings, and support with layout capabilities.
- Create work plans for work crews and other trades.
- Organize and finalize materials order and communicate it with purchasing.
- Lead and manage multiple projects at one time, supported by multiple project teams.
- Work in all-weather elements (heat, cold, rain, snow)
- Adhere to PPE requirements.
- Climb Ladders, steep stairs, crawl, stand, stoop, bend, crouch, kneel, sit and reach and lift objects up to 40 pounds.
- Work a combination of days, evenings, and weekends as needed to complete a project. Overtime will also be required to meet project deadlines.
More about us:
MD Stainless Services is proud to be a member of creō-tech Industrial Group. We are an equal opportunity employer, encouraging diversity in the workplace.
At creō-tech we aspire to be a Cutting-Edge, High-Tech, Full Service & Environmentally Responsible Industrial, Electro-Mechanical Engineering and Automation group of companies. We create and manage a workplace to be proud of, because we believe every employee contributes to our success, deserves the chance to advance their careers and lives through the unique opportunities we offer at our various companies. We take pride in our state-of-the-art quality products and services, is recognized as a key partner with all of our blue-chip and high-quality customers and clients. We believe that you are investing your time and pursuing a career in our business should render returns beyond your pay cheque – in your safety, health, family, community…your whole life. That’s what we strive for.
Please apply via email with a current resume through indeed.
If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please contact Human Resources. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Can you read and interpret ISO drawings?
- Do you have Sanitary or Process Piping experience in the Food & Beverage, Life Sciences industries? If so list experience:
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Welding Certification (Pipe, Orbital, or Structural) (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com